- DUE TO STOCK VOLATILITY, ITEM IS AVAILABLE ONLY BY PHONE @ 954-866-0022
- Available with optional Extension Pilot. Q: Why use the Extension Pilot? A: It makes your life easier!
- View the H14 + Extension Pilot here
- Item is in the US, not in India, and ships same day from Fort Lauderdale, FL. if ordered before 10 A.M. EST. Plus, our item includes FREE return shipping, whereas with the one from India, you have to pay the return freight back to India!
- Range 1-11/32" to 1-1/2"
- H14 adjustable hand reamer (a.k.a. king pin reamer) in box
- Designed with enough adjustment to ream any odd size hole
- Made with High Speed Steel (HSS)
- Item is in the US and ships next day from Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Item is in the US, not in India!
- FREE U.S. Shipping and FREE U.S. Returns
- In stock - ships same day from Fort Lauderdale, FL. if ordered before 10 A.M. EST.
Our adjustable hand reamer blades can be sharpened and replaced as needed. Hand reamers are held with a tap wrench, adjustable wrench, or vise and slowly rotated to feed the reamer into the hole. Sometimes known as adjustable-blade reamers, adjustable hand reamers have a tendency to chatter and are a good choice for occasional reaming tasks or for light/heavy-duty reaming in assembly, automotive and maintenance operations. High-speed steel (HSS) adjustable hand reamers offer good wear resistance in a wide range of reaming tasks and can withstand chatter or hard surfaces. These reamers have straight blades that push chips forward into the hole, so they are best suited for reaming through holes. The reamers' nuts and blades can be adjusted to allow the tool to enlarge or finish holes of different sizes in metal work-pieces. Users can adjust the tool on the job in applications where they're not sure exactly what size reamer they need, which helps prevent downtime. Hand reamers are held with a tap wrench, adjustable wrench, or vise and slowly rotated to feed the reamer into the hole.
SUGGESTIONS FOR USING KINGPIN HAND REAMERS
Toolzilla H14 Adjustable Hand Kingpin Reamer Tool 1-11/32" to 1-1/2"
In general, kingpin reamers are intended for hand use only.
Using them with power tools can cause damage to the reamer, the work piece, or yourself!!
Select the proper reamer. Adjust the size if needed.
Mount the workpiece securely, such as in a vise. Attach a tap wrench to the reamer's square shank. In some cases,it might be easier to mount the reamer to the vice and turn the work piece.
Align the reamer with the hole and begin turning (clockwise for right hand cut reamers).
Apply even pressure while turning.
Generally, using a cutting fluid will improve your surface finish and prolong the life of the reamer.
Do not turn the reamer backwards even when removing it from the hole.
Don't take too heavy of a cut; .002 - .005 per pass is typical, maybe more if reaming easy material.