ITEM AVAILABLE ONLY BY PHONE @ 954-866-0022
2-Tool Set includes H15 Reamer plus Extension Pilot
Q: Why use an Extension Pilot?
A: It makes your life easier.
High Speed Steel Long Pilot Adjustable Hand Reamers are designed for in line reaming when two holes are spaced far apart. The solid ground pilot uses a “floating” tapered guide sleeve which is seated in one hole to guide the reamer as it reams the other hole. The tapered guide sleeve can be used at either end of the other hole. For inline reaming of two holes, seat the tapered cone supplied into the second hole to be reamed and pass the pilot through the first hole and locate into the cone and commence to ream the first hole; to ream the second hole reverse the procedure. They are also known Long Pilot Adjustable Blade Reamers, Adjustable In Line Reamers or Adjustable King Pin Reamers.
- Min. Reamer Size 1-1/2 in.
- Max. Reamer Size 1-13/16 in.
- Overall Length 14 in.
- Number of Blades: 6
- Designed with enough adjustment to ream any odd size hole
- Blades are manufactured from special steels accurately hardened and ground and are easily replaced by the user
- Used for kingpin installation, general cutting and boring, auto and truck repair, removing stock or simply for enlarging or rounding off holes
- Can be hand operated by use of tap wrenches or similar
- Size can be adjusted by moving the blades in tapered slots by mean of loosening one nut and tightening the other
- Used to smooth the bore walls of a drilled hole when precise sizing is necessary
- The cutting diameter can be adjusted by loosening one nut while tightening the other
- The most economical tool for precisely reaming any odd-sized hole
- Adjustable to precisely fit a range of sizes, eliminating the need for single purpose, special diameter reamers
Acugauge adjustable hand reamer blades can be sharpened and replaced by the user as needed. Hand reamers are held with a tap wrench, adjustable wrench, or vise and slowly rotated to feed the reamer into the hole. Sometimes known as adjustable-blade reamers, or kingpin reamers, adjustable hand reamers have a tendency to chatter and are a good choice for occasional reaming tasks or for heavy-duty reaming in assembly, automotive and maintenance operations. High-speed steel (HSS) adjustable hand reamers offer good wear resistance in a wide range of reaming tasks and can withstand chatter or hard surfaces. These reamers have straight blades that push chips forward into the hole, so they are best suited for reaming through holes. The reamers' nuts and blades can be adjusted to allow the tool to enlarge or finish holes of different sizes in metal work-pieces. Users can adjust the tool on the job in applications where they're not sure exactly what size reamer they need, which helps prevent downtime. Hand reamers are held with a tap wrench, adjustable wrench, or vise and slowly rotated to feed the reamer into the hole.